Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Top Ten Last Lines: Or An Invite For Comments


Considering the dust-up caused when BrooklynDissentator threw up his top ten movie lists a couple of weeks ago, I figure I toss my top ten last lines in film.

1. "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." (Casablanca 1952)
2. "Hey, Dad! Do you wanna have a catch?/ I'd like that." (Field of Dreams 1991)
3. "That'll do, Pig. That'll do." (Babe 1995)
5. "Fat Man, you shoot a great game of pool./So do you, Fast Eddie." (The Hustler 1961)
6. "Mein Fuehrer, I can walk!" (Dr. Strangelove 1964)
7. "Good. For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble." (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid 1969)
8. "Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted...He lived happily ever after." (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 1971)
4. "I guess we keep going through it cause most of us need the eggs." (Annie Hall 1977)
9. "Roads. Where we're going, we don't need roads." (Back To the Future 1985)
10. "I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope." (Shawshank 1994)


So, just to arouse some responses, I will not merely claim that these are MY top ten, but the objective greatest top ten. If you got better ones, let me here them. I dare ya. And also, these are not meant to reflect my top ten movies of all time. Some great films have mediocre last lines and visa versa. The only thing that I will say is that Babe just might creep into the top ten movie list as well.

No comments: